The other day someone was looking over my shoulder as I used the computer and they asked: “What is that weird search engine? Where is google?”
It was then that I got to share with them that every month I make about $5-10 in Amazon gift cards (or other gift cards) by using this “weird” search engine. There are a few different search engines that allow you to earn money as you search, but the one that is my favorite by far is Swagbucks. Here’s how it works.
- 1. You go to Swagbucks and set up your account.
- 2. When you going to do a search on google you instead go to the Swagbucks site (or download their search bar) to make sure you do searches on Swagbucks. You earn about 1-3 Swagbucks for any given search.
- 3. Then – you cash in your Swagbucks for prizes when you have enough. See some of their prizes here. As i said,
Now, before you go all Swagbuck happy – let me give you some tips I have learned from using this to maximize your experience.
- In my experience (and some forums online will tell you different things) I really generally only win one time per day. that being said, it isn’t worth it to me to always use the Swagbucks search engine, since it is not as good as Google.
- All this to say, what works for me is to set my homepage to Swagbucks, and run my first few searches of the day there until I win anywhere from 1-3 Swagbucks (you can win higher amounts but I never have). Then, once I win I don’t need to search on Swagbucks for the rest of the day.
- They say Fridays are the big days when the high numbered Swagbucks are given out!
- Do “searches” on Swagbucks for websites you know the urls of. Sure, it takes a couple extra seconds, but you might win a Swagbuck!
Also, make sure to refer your friends to Swagbucks, as you get a percentage of their wins! So get cracking kids!