Budgeting is an essential step in the saving money journey, and something I thoroughly encourage here at Saving Money Plan. That said, different types of budgets work for different people.
Here are some good budgeting resources I recommend:
- Simple Monthly Income and Monthly Expenses Page (This is a very simple, first-step approach to budgeting your monthly incomes and monitoring your monthly expenses)
- Simple Weekly Expenses (These weekly expense sheets serve the same purpose as the Money Book, which is what I use)
- Complete Excel Workbook (This is an extensive set of excel sheets that serve as a real program to get you started)
- More Free Budget Worksheets (Click on the “free downloads” list)
- Free Money Management Worksheets (This was recommended by Get Rich Slowly)
- Financial Integrity Guides (I can’t recommend these heartily enough! They are very extensive and are a great supplement to a book I love: Your Money Or Your Life)
- Financial Integrity Tips and Tools (These are simpler tips and tools that work in tandem with the Financial Integrity Guides)
- Dave Ramsey Budgeting Forms: Quickie Budget, Monthly Cash Flow Planning, Irregular Income Budget (I am a huge Dave Ramsey fan, and definitely recommend all the resources he offers)
Here are some online calculators that are also really useful!
- Dave Ramsey Gazelle Budget
- Dave Ramsey Investment Calculator
- Dave Ramsey Mortgage Calculator
- Dave Ramsey Workplace ROI Calculator
Looking for more?